Horse Mackerel Fillet Grilled with Fragrant Miso
Cooking time：20 minutes Calories：205kcal
- Helpful One-Point Tip：
Spread the miso mixed with the aromatic vegetables in a moderate thickness on the fillet, using a spoon or knife.
Ingredients (2 Servings)：
- 2 fillets Horse Mackerel
- 2 tablespoons (about 35g) Additive-Free Raw Awase Miso
- 1/2 tablespoon (7～8ml) Sweet Sake
- 1/2 tablespoon (4～5g) Sugar
- Grated Ginger Root and Grated Garlic Clove, each 2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Green or White Part of a Long Onion
- Some Chinese Yams (Nagaimo) and Japanese Ginger Roots (Myoga)
- Some Boston Lettuce Leaves
Remove the backbones from the fillets. Slice the Chinese-yams into rings, and cut the Japanese ginger roots in half.
Combine the miso with the sweet sake and sugar. Mix them well. Then, add the grated ginger root, grated garlic and chopped green onion.
Mix them well.
Spoon an adequate amount of the miso mixture. Spread it on the fillets using a tool like spoon or spatula.
Place the fillets onto a cooking rack and grill them using a grill oven or toaster oven. While cooking, place the vegetables (the slices of the Chinese-yams and Japanese ginger roots) in the same oven and cook them along with the fillets until the surface gets slightly burned.
After they are cooked, arrange the fillets and vegetables onto a plate and garnish with soft lettuce leaves. Enjoy the nice taste!
The Key Item in this recipe：
Additive-Free Raw Awase (Combined) Miso (This miso is made from locally-grown ingredients only.)